Saturday, July 15, 2017

Julia Eugenia Hamilton (Thompson) letters 1912 - 1916

Here is a collection of letters from Julia Eugenia Thompson (maiden name Hamilton).
See the blog post from April 9, 2016 for her family tree (under Annie Thompson).
______________________________________________________________

Letter to Master Hamilton Chase, Topeka, Kansas
From Julia Thompson (his grandmother),  LaGrange, Illinois
September 14, 1912


My dear Hamilton,


I am thinking about your birthday and how I am never with you to help celebrate it as I should love to do, but I have to send you a loving remembrance sooner or later, and here you will find it enclosed; buy something that pleases you with it, and will make you happy.  My hand is too lame for me to write but a few words with my love.  I have been looking for a letter from you all summer but I suppose you have been busy playing;  how does school go ?   Pretty hot I suppose.  
Lot’s of love for you and wishing you many happy returns of the day and love for Ethel and Daddy and Mother,  from your loving Grandmother.


_________________________________________________________


Letter to Mr. Hamilton Chase, 1257 Western Ave, Topeka, Kansas
From Julia Thompson (his grandmother),  Los Angeles, CA
October 21, 1916


Thank you for the favor of….
I am glad you are having a nice time.
Love to family.
Your loving Grandma






____________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment